TEKSas Target Practice for 2014-2015 Publication We are committed to providing materials that are current and right on target. Pardon the pun! Expansion! Now Algebra and Geometry Get the Picture Vocabulary cards – Available in July.
New math TEKS will go into effect for the school year 2014-2015. SBOE gives preliminary approval to new math standards AUSTIN – The State Board of Education today gave preliminary approval to revised curriculum standards for mathematics. Educators based the new standards on the draft Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), as well as math […]
We use Seeing Science Structures in our classroom and it helped us tremendously! Our results from student testing went from 68% to 92% after successfully implementing Seeing Science Structures! Thanks for providing top of the line materials that really prepare our students to become independent, critical thinkers!
Teresa Khirallah, Campus Director
Peak Academy Preparatory, Dallas, TX
Your products are of great benefit to our students. We use TEKSas Target Practice in most grade levels as a warm up activity. It is the best way to cover all TEKS objectives. I am a Special Education teacher and I use it in resource daily. What I like best is the teachable moments that TEKSas Target Practice offers when a student doesn’t get it. I can immediately teach a mini lesson on that set. Way to go! I am ordering the Target Reading as a (Laungauge Arts) support.
I am the district math specialist K-12 for Clarksville Public Schools, in Clarksville, Arkansas. I came across the Target Vocabulary Pictures at a Regional NCTM Conference. I ordered a set and then decided they were so valuable that in the past three years, I have ordered sets for all of our teachers from grades 2-6, our junior high math teachers, our senior high math teachers, and all of our elementary teachers! One of our teachers told me the kids look to the wall with the words, and when they are taken down for testing she noticed that the kids still look over where the cards were hanging. That visual memory has helped all of our students! Thanks so much!
Word of the Day – I just wanted to let you know we have gone through 124 of these words, so I decided to give them a test over all of those words, just out of curiosity. I have all 100s in my 1st period! This is amazing, because this word list has never gone home! The students are just reviewing it daily and weekly in class. You have made such a difference for my students and me! I cannot tell you how much you have improved my classes for my students and for me. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I am so impressed with the target reading program I purchased for my 4th grade class. We are going into the 4th week of school and this is my first year utilizing it, but I can already see a change in my students writing. I am teaching at a tier 4, title 1 school. About 30% of my students passed STAAR last year and I knew they would need some extra practice if they were going to have any hope of improving this year. This program has interesting stories every week that are fun for the students to read. They never get bored with the materials provided. I love the sentence building exercise that they do every day because not only are they learning how to build good, descriptive sentences but they are learning what nouns, verbs, and adjectives are. And this is something they practice EVERY day. The questions of the day are higher level thinking and require the students to refer back to the story for details. I can’t say enough good things about this program. Money well spent and I will be using it for years to come. Thank you for creating this wonderful program! It is something I think every district in Texas should be using.
I used TEKSas Target Practice as my daily morning math with my class for an entire academic year. My students were trained to immediately begin working on their morning math for the first 30 minutes everyday. After that, we would go over the answers together as they used a red pen to correct their own work while sharing and describing how they got the answers. As the TEKS updated, I taught mini-lessons so that my students would know how or why we got our answers. When my students took the TAKS test, I was not only very confident, but they all told me after the test, that it was very easy. When my scores came in, I had 88% of my students to make Commended. Out of the 88%, half of those made 100s and the other half missed it by only one question. The other 12% who did not score Commended, missed a total of 4-5 questions. I was very proud of this program and have suggested it to my entire team. This is the first time Ive ever had a 100% passing rate in math with such extremely high scores!!
Hay Branch Elementary School Killeen, TX